About this Theme
Montezuma by bytesforall is a free and fully responsive WordPress theme with an exquisitely modern design that stands out in the crowd. The theme gives website owners a plethora of customization options allowing them to modify its design to fit their site’s brand. It has three different layout options for users to pick from including responsive, flexible, and static.
Although it’s a relatively new theme, Montezuma has acquired over 50 5-star ratings. The theme allows website owners to create and modify new page templates directly from their WordPress back-end saving them the trouble of having to mess around with the FTP client.
Montezuma comes with powerful functionality right out of the box including Colorbox slideshows, Google Fonts, transparent color picker, and advanced excerpts. Its incredible use of white space paired with bold typography makes it a popular theme for all niches.
CSS Hero and Montezuma – A Dynamic Duo
If you’re thinking about making some custom edits to the theme’s appearance, why not pair it with the powerful CSS Hero plugin for blazing fast live editing? CSS Hero on Montezuma theme enables users to customize different page elements and modify their CSS by simply pointing and clicking.
- Fully responsive and customizable theme.
- Search engine optimized.
- Built using HTML5 and CSS3.
- 3 different layouts to choose from – responsive, flexible, and static.
- Allows users to edit or create new page templates.
- Custom widget areas and auto post thumbs.
- Comes with Colorbox slideshow.
- Ships with Google Fonts.
Customizations Made Easy
To access Montezuma’s built-in theme options panel, navigate to Appearance > Montezuma Options from your site’s back-end. The theme options panel is divided into 9 different customization settings that allow users to configure their site’s header, comments, templates, and CSS files from a single screen.
Montezuma features two types of main templates – default WordPress templates and custom page templates – and multiple sub-templates. This powerful theme figures out the best matching virtual template for your website and even lets users assign specific templates to specific pages and posts.
Montezuma Ships With Google Fonts Right Out of the Box
One of the best things about the Montezuma theme is that it enables website owners to leverage Google Fonts to enhance their WordPress website’s visual appeal. To access the Google Fonts options, head over to Appearance > Montezuma Options > CSS Settings > Add Google Fonts from your site’s admin panel.
Users can choose any style they want by following the simple set of instructions provided on the screen. In addition to this, they can also use the fonts in their CSS to make custom modifications to them.
Make Your Site Stand Out With CSS Hero on Montezuma
Montezuma comes with a built-in theme options panel that makes it easier for website owners to make quick modifications. That said, it does require a bit of basic programming knowledge on the webmaster’s part. If you’re looking for a simple point and click solution then CSS Hero on Montezuma is the way to go.
Watch CSS Hero in action on Montezuma theme:
If you use (or plan to use) this Theme...
CSS Hero can help you deeply and quickly customize the Montezuma Theme, solving some common issues like:
- How to customize fonts in the Montezuma WordPress Theme, to make font biggers or change typeface for titles and header texts
- How to change CSS background image on the Montezuma WordPress Theme and build background fades
- How to change colors and styles on Montezuma WordPress Theme
- How to change size of page width
- How to change CSS style of top navigation buttons
- Customize the CSS style of navigation menu on the Montezuma Theme
- How to customize the footer on the Montezuma WordPress Theme