Any problem with CSS Hero? Please mind that most solutions to popular problems are here; read well this document before attempting to contact us submitting a ticket in our support forum. Thank you.
General checklist – START HERE FIRST
- Are you using the latest version of CSS Hero? If not, get it now from your dashboard and update the plugin
- Did you try disabling all WordPress Plugins? Absolutely give it a try before going on. You might find an “offending” plugin.
Some rare plugins make our license activation window invisible in the wp-admin.
A list of incompatible plugins is below in this document. Please report your findings if you do discover one.
Popular specific issues
Has my WordPress Toolbar (and post editing links) disappeared on site frontend?
- This happens when you do not switch off CSS Hero from the button on the interface, but just navigated elsewhere editing the URL. Just visit your /wp-admin/ – and the bar & editing links will reappear.
CSS Hero does not Start, is stuck loading for more than one minute spinning
- Is the problem on only one page or all? Check for elements that do not fully load, broken images, broken sections or widgets. Remember CSS Hero needs that your page fully completes successful loading before allowing you to perform any edit.
- RETRY LOADING THE PAGE. Stupid but effective.
Child Theme does not pick configuration?
- This trick might be especially useful when you’re using an officially unsupported child theme or making your own child theme of a Hero-ready theme ( http://www.csshero.org/themes/ ) – and want to use the CSS Hero configuration related to the parent theme.In case you want to force CSS Hero to load a specific theme configuration, you can use this type of URL:http://YOUR_SITE_URL_HERE/?csshero_action=edit_page&override_theme_config=themeslug
(forcing Hero to load themeslug config). Example For DIVI Child themes:
(forcing Hero to load Divi config)
- Autoptimize (Disable the option to have Autoptimize active for logged on users)
- WP Minify (Disable the plugin while editing with CSS Hero)
- Enhanced Media Library (Disable the plugin while editing with CSS Hero)
- SW Core for Woocommerce (see this thread)
- TheGem – Creative Multi-Purpose High-Performance WordPress Theme
INCOMPATIBLE HOSTING SERVICES
- WordKeeper (still no fix, read this post)
- CloudFlare (some users reported problems, perhaps there’s a solution disabling only SOME of the services)
Not found a solution? Learn how to let us help you:
- Make sure you’ve actually read and verified all the FAQs described in this page. Thank you!
- Open a new thread in the support forum, choosing the appropriate Room