About this Theme
Omega theme is a Responsive WordPress theme framework written by Han
This Parent Theme supports HTML5 and Schema.org. Schema.org is an initiative launched on 2 June 2011 by Bing, Google and Yahoo! to create and support a set of meta attributes (additional datas) readable from the search engine spiders.
Main Features and Built-in:
- Branding – You can input you site Title and the Description title of your website or upload and select you Image Logo if you prefer, instead. As usual, you can upload here your favicon.
- Layout – The theme has 3 available layouts 1. Content Content / 2. Sidebar Sidebar / 3. Content
- Navigation – The Omega theme supports 1 menu.
- Widgets – By default you find here only the Primary widget (it is a sidebar widget)
- Static Frontpage – Select here your latest posts or static page as website homepage.
- Posts – For the category or in general the archive loop, you can set up the post aspect. Two selection are available one for showing the full content of the post and another one display only post excerpts. The post layout supports also the featured image selection with three different image size.
- Comments (show comments also on page)-
- Direct input off CSS code
Omega theme is a good starter theme mostly because it’s optimized to be flexible to create any type of site you want via child theme developing (adding some must-have features that are often needed in theme developing).
Key Features that make this WordPress Theme Framework a right choice:
- SEO optimized and focused (mostly obtained with the markup schema.org Microdata).
- Child theme Developing
- Fluid and responsive layout ready
- WPMU Translation-ready
- HeroReady – Great WordPress Customization Experience.
Available Omega Child Themes:
- Omega Child
More to come.
If you use (or plan to use) this Theme...
CSS Hero can help you deeply and quickly customize the Omega Theme, solving some common issues like:
- How to customize fonts in the Omega WordPress Theme, to make font biggers or change typeface for titles and header texts
- How to change CSS background image on the Omega WordPress Theme and build background fades
- How to change colors and styles on Omega WordPress Theme
- How to change size of page width
- How to change CSS style of top navigation buttons
- Customize the CSS style of navigation menu on the Omega Theme
- How to customize the footer on the Omega WordPress Theme