Canvas is Woothemes‘ flagship theme. It’s a blank/starter theme and a great choice if you’re willing to build a highly customized site. Building your site with Canvas is easy with the variety of design combinations offered by it’s native options panel.
Canvas it’s probably the best choice if you’re willing to build your site with a powerful e-commerce as it integreates seamlessly with the #1 e-commerce plugin available today on the market: WooCommerce. Both Canvas and WooCommerce are Hero-ready so you can now easily customize them deeply with our intuitive point-and-click logic.
With this set of tools in your hands building a highly customized e-commerce is now a walk in the park: just setup your Canvas Theme, install WooCommerce and CSS Hero plugins and you’re done.
Altought this theme offers a wide admin area in the WordPress backend where you can adjust colors, fonts, some layout parameters, etc.., CSS Hero could be the easiest way to customize this wp theme, live.
What’s in Canvas?
An Advanced Layout Controls – the Layout Manager
The layout control panel has a wide range of options. In the first option you can decide 6 different layouts, that are cover all the typical needs.
Once you have chosen the desired layout, you can set (slide with your mouse pointer) the dimensions between the two areas.
In the General Layout, you can set the general site width and layout, as below shown:
Slider and Portfolio – A must have.
Slider and portfolio are a must-have options in a Corporate website. In the WooTheme Canvas these two option are organized as Custom Post Type. WordPress can hold and display as many different types of content as you wish. We like this solution, that follows the WordPress structure and paradigm. You’ll be able to add, group slider/portfolio items as usual, finding them on your Left WP admin bar.
Slider and Portfolio are fully loaded with settings, typical for that kind of items.
Other noticeable features are:
- WooCommerce Ready,
- Business Page Template,
- Magazine Page Template,
- Featured Slider and Featured Post for the Magazine Page,
- Featured Slider for the Business Page
- Dynamic Image Resizing (There are two alternative methods of dynamically resizing the thumbnails in the theme, WP Post Thumbnail (default) or TimThumb.)
- Subscribe & Connect in single post
- A Contact page with Google Map
- Hooks for Advanced Developing. You can put and execute your desired short-codes in the Header, Navigation, Main, Post, Sidebars, Footer section or more in general in the entire WordPress theme!
- Import and Export settings data. (NB this backup manager backs up only your settings and not your content).
We have not mentioned the Canvas Style Option because now you can do it with CSS Hero!
If you use (or plan to use) this Theme...
CSS Hero can help you deeply and quickly customize the Woothemes Canvas Theme, solving some common issues like:
- How to customize fonts in the Woothemes Canvas WordPress Theme, to make font biggers or change typeface for titles and header texts
- How to change CSS background image on the Woothemes Canvas WordPress Theme and build background fades
- How to change colors and styles on Woothemes Canvas WordPress Theme
- How to change size of page width
- How to change CSS style of top navigation buttons
- Customize the CSS style of navigation menu on the Woothemes Canvas Theme
- How to customize the footer on the Woothemes Canvas WordPress Theme